Parade of Lights
Cost: Free for both floats and spectators. Donations of cash and/or non-perishable food items to Community Food Share and the North Dundas Christmas Fund are welcome and will be collected along the parade route.
Date: Saturday, Dec. 2, 2023
Time: 7:00 pm
All registered floats are automatically entered in our annual Float Contest.
Prizes are awarded after the event, and consist of baskets containing local products.
Our Float Contest Categories are:
Best Business Float
Best Non-Profit Float
Best Agricultural Float
Best Animal Float
People’s Choice (come back on event night to vote!)
Our 2023 Floats:
Please check back for the list of this year’s float participants. We will update this list as frequently as possible.
Rules & Guidelines
The planning committee is solely responsible for the safety of all participants and spectators.
For this reason, we will have extra safety measures in place. It is our goal to make this occasion as fun as possible for everyone involved. With this in mind, we thank everyone in advance for complying with the rules and guidelines.
Float Assembly Guidelines:
- The parade will assemble at the North Dundas Twp. Office, 636 St. Lawrence St.
- The yard opens at 3 pm.
- All entries must be in the yard by 6:30 pm.
- All vehicles that are not part of the parade must be parked off-site.
- A drop-off zone will be available off the entrance to the yard.
- Please check in with an organizer upon arrival.
Parade Participant Rules:
- Please do not have anyone in your entry dress as Santa.
- If you wish to distribute treats, please have someone walk beside your entry to hand them out.
- Float max height: 13 feet; max width: 14 feet.
- Try to illuminate your towing vehicle as well as your float.
- Identify your entry by visibly displaying your name, your company name, and/or your sponsor’s name. This assists the announcers and identifies your entry to the crowd.
- The number assigned to your entry must be displayed in the right front corner of your towing vehicle’s dashboard.
- If you plan to drop off your float early and leave it, please have an organizer advise where to park it.
Starts at North Dundas Municipal Building
North on St. Lawrence St.
Right on York St.
Left on Albert St.
Left on Main St.
Ends with a left on Dawley Dr.
It takes approximately one to one and a half hours to travel the 3 km route.
Register Your Float
To register your float or display, fill out the form below.
Alternatively, you can download our registration form and either scan it and email it to email@example.com, or drop it off at the North Dundas Township Office in Winchester.