Parade of Lights
Cost: Free for both floats and spectators. Donations of cash and/or non-perishable food items to Community Food Share and the North Dundas Christmas Fund are welcome and will be collected along the parade route.
Date: Saturday, Dec. 3, 2022
Time: 7:00 pm
All registered floats are automatically entered in our annual Float Contest.
Prizes are awarded after the event, and consist of baskets containing local products.
Our Float Contest Categories are:
Best Business Float
Best Non-Profit Float
Best Agricultural Float
Best Animal Float
People’s Choice (come back on event night to vote!)
Our 2022 Floats:
- Township of North Dundas Council
- The Capital Cowgirls Drill Team
- Ecole Elementaire Sainte Therese d’Avila
- The Great Music Guys
- Opera singers and pianists trio (Chris, Alex and Margaret)
- Maple Leaf Brass Band
- Dr. Orkestro’s One-Man-Marching-Band
- Dutchie the Clown
- MICO’s Restoration
- Ashley Thomas School of Dance
- Mid Mountain Performance
- Seaway Valley Crime Stoppers
- D’s Collision Center
- Camp Sheldrick Scout Camp
- Nation Valley ATV Club
- Village Kitchen and Dairy Bar
- Lockwood Brothers Construction
- R.A. Quality Homes
- BMR Winchester
- Camouflauge Property Maintenance (two floats)
- Adam Murray and Marc Seguin
- North Dundas Minor Hockey Association
- Therien Martial Arts and Fitness Centre
- Dan R Equipment
- E.C. Carruthers & Sons
- Connolly Flooring / Nine Mile Repair
- Whitetail Construction
- Smash Bros. Racing
- North Dundas Fire Department, Station 3 (Winchester)
- Kemptville Retirement Living
- Topline Trailer & Equipment/Weagant Farm Supplies
- Agri Partners Crop Centre
- North Dundas Township Roads Department
- North Dundas District High School Senior Concert Band
- Dundas Manor LTCH (bikes)
- North Dundas Fire Station 1 (Morewood)
- Good Old Fashioned Country Christmas (John & Kathy Marion)
- Winchester Hawks Hockey Club
- Kemptville Legion Pipes and Drums
- Pro Bin Rentals Inc.
- Morewood Recreation Association
- Como Farm Equipment (two tractors)
- TH Farms
- Winchester Ghostbusters (Subsidiary of Capital Ghostbusters of Ottawa)
- Hydro One Winchester
- Dundas Dairy Producers Committee
- Green Tech Winchester
- BTL Excavation and Construction
Rules & Guidelines
The planning committee is solely responsible for the safety of all participants and spectators.
For this reason, we will have extra safety measures in place. It is our goal to make this occasion as fun as possible for everyone involved. With this in mind, we thank everyone in advance for complying with the rules and guidelines.
Float Assembly Guidelines:
- The parade will assemble at the North Dundas Twp. Office, 636 St. Lawrence St.
- The yard opens at 3 pm.
- All entries must be in the yard by 6:30 pm.
- All vehicles that are not part of the parade must be parked off-site.
- A drop-off zone will be available off the entrance to the yard.
- Please check in with an organizer upon arrival.
Parade Participant Rules:
- Please do not have anyone in your entry dress as Santa.
- If you wish to distribute treats, please have someone walk beside your entry to hand them out.
- Float max height: 13 feet; max width: 14 feet.
- Try to illuminate your towing vehicle as well as your float.
- Identify your entry by visibly displaying your name, your company name, and/or your sponsor’s name. This assists the announcers and identifies your entry to the crowd.
- The number assigned to your entry must be displayed in the right front corner of your towing vehicle’s dashboard.
- If you plan to drop off your float early and leave it, please have an organizer advise where to park it.
Starts at North Dundas Municipal Building
North on St. Lawrence St.
Right on York St.
Left on Albert St.
Left on Main St.
Ends with a left on Dawley Dr.
It takes approximately one to one and a half hours to travel the 3 km route.
Register Your Float
Registration for the 2023 North Dundas Parade of Lights will open in September.